I interrupt my regularly scheduled posting to bring you a special edition – on a Tuesday! The lovely Kelly from over on Seam Racer nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award! Thank you so much, I am so honored to be included in your list. Everyone should go check out Kelly’s blog, she does far more sewing that I ever could! Every time she posts something Agent Carter related, it’s practically required for me to go squeal over it.
I started blogging because I was new to this whole dressing in vintage style thing, and I wanted to record my efforts. I wasn’t quite sure what I was doing yet, and still wanted to play around with looks, see what worked best for me, and find ways to improve. While I loved vintage fashion, I wanted to try on the style before I dove right in. Thus, My Vintage Experiment was born! It was my fashion experiment, to see how to dress in a way that fit with my view of myself.
The original iteration was a tumblr blog, and it was less than flattering, I must say. I have learned a lot in a little over a year that I’ve been blogging, and have no plans on stopping any time soon. My little experiment has become a firmly entrenched part of my life and style. I’m not sure that I could stop dressing vintage fashion now if I tried!
Two pieces of advice to new bloggers:
- Stick with it. Starting and growing a blog takes a lot of work and a lot more patience. Sometimes you just have to consistently put out content before someone else starts to notice. It’s a lot more work than it looks like, and it never stops! So stick with it. Make a plan for when the going gets rough. You don’t need to plan out a whole year at a time, but find something that works for you and go with it!
- Be yourself! Write for yourself and create content for as much yourself as for your readers. The quickest way to burn out is to not be excited about what you write and blog about! If you are truly being yourself, it will shine through your work and display you, not someone else.
Now, onto the nominees. I know that I was supposed to nominate fifteen other bloggers, but my brain has been so addled this past weekend that only came up with 10. Here they are:
I enjoy reading all of these ladies’ blogs and I hope that you will go and give them a read. They each offer their own special take on sewing and vintage fashion, and are some of my favorite bloggers.
Those of you who are nominated, if you choose to participate (no pressure), here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 (or 10) other bloggers you want to give this award to.
Thanks again to Kelly! I hope that you all enjoyed this little interlude in my regularly scheduled posting, which will continue on Thursday!